PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WHEN YOU VISIT THE SITE, WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DEVICE, INCLUDING INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR WEB BROWSER, IP ADDRESS, TIME ZONE, AND SOME OF THE COOKIES THAT ARE INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE. ADDITIONALLY, AS YOU BROWSE THE SITE, WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL WEB PAGES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU VIEW, WHAT WEBSITES OR SEARCH TERMS REFERRED YOU TO THE SITE, AND INFORMATION ABOUT HOW YOU INTERACT WITH THE SITE. WE REFER TO THIS AUTOMATICALLY-COLLECTED INFORMATION AS “DEVICE INFORMATION.”
WE COLLECT DEVICE INFORMATION USING THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES:
- “COOKIES” ARE DATA FILES THAT ARE PLACED ON YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER AND OFTEN INCLUDE AN ANONYMOUS UNIQUE IDENTIFIER. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES, AND HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES, VISIT HTTP://WWW.ALLABOUTCOOKIES.ORG.
- “LOG FILES” TRACK ACTIONS OCCURRING ON THE SITE, AND COLLECT DATA INCLUDING YOUR IP ADDRESS, BROWSER TYPE, INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, REFERRING/EXIT PAGES, AND DATE/TIME STAMPS.
- “WEB BEACONS,” “TAGS,” AND “PIXELS” ARE ELECTRONIC FILES USED TO RECORD INFORMATION ABOUT HOW YOU BROWSE THE SITE.
FOR THE EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ESSENTIAL COOKIES WE COLLECT FOR THE PROPER RUNNING OF THIS WEBSITE PLEASE SEE LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT SECTION.
PROFILING IS ANY FORM OF AUTOMATED PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION TO EVALUATE PERSONAL ASPECTS ABOUT YOU, IN PARTICULAR TO ANALYSE OR PREDICT THINGS LIKE YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES, INTERESTS, BEHAVIOUR, LOCATION OR MOVEMENTS.
USE OF PROFILING FOR WEB ANALYTICS
OUR WEB ANALYTICS SERVICE, GOOGLE ANALYTICS COLLECTS INFORMATION SUCH AS YOUR LOCATION (BASED ON YOUR IP ADDRESS) AND YOUR BEHAVIOUR (BASED ON COOKIES) WHEN YOU ACCESS OUR WEBSITE SUCH AS THE PAGES YOU VISIT AND WHAT YOU CLICK ON. WE WILL ONLY PROCESS INFORMATION FROM COOKIES IF YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO US SETTING COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH OUR COOKIES POLICY. INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU, ONCE COLLECTED IS ANONYMISED AND STORED ON AN AGGREGATE BASIS.
LOGIC INVOLVED: BY AUTOMATICALLY ANALYSING AND CATEGORISING INFORMATION SUCH AS THE LOCATION (BASED ON IP ADDRESS) AS WELL AS THE BEHAVIOUR AND DEVICES OF VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE (USING COOKIES), WE ARE ABLE TO GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT OUR WEBSITE VISITORS WANT (IN TERMS OF THE CONTENT OF OUR WEBSITE AND OUR PRODUCTS), HOW TO IMPROVE OUR WEBSITE AND HOW TO ADVERTISE AND MARKET OUR SERVICES TO THEM.
SIGNIFICANCE AND ENVISAGED CONSEQUENCES: COOKIES WILL BE USED TO TRACK AND STORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BEHAVIOUR AND DEVICE ON OUR WEBSITE (UNLESS YOU HAVE OPTED OUT FROM RECEIVING SUCH COOKIES USING YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS AND YOUR LOCATION WILL BE ANALYSED BASED ON YOUR IP ADDRESS.
ADDITIONALLY WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE OR ATTEMPT TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THE SITE, WE COLLECT CERTAIN INFORMATION FROM YOU, INCLUDING YOUR NAME, BILLING ADDRESS, SHIPPING ADDRESS, PAYMENT INFORMATION (INCLUDING CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL ), EMAIL ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER. WE REFER TO THIS INFORMATION AS “ORDER INFORMATION.”
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION:
WE SECURE YOUR DATA BY USING APPROPRIATE TECHNICAL AND ORGANISATIONAL MEASURES SUCH AS STORING YOUR INFORMATION ON SECURE SERVERS, ENCRYPTING TRANSFERS OF DATA TO OR FROM OUR SERVERS USING SECURE SOCKETS LAYER (SSL) TECHNOLOGY, ENCRYPTING PAYMENTS YOU MAKE ON OR VIA OUR WEBSITE USING SECURE SOCKETS LAYER (SSL) TECHNOLOGY, ONLY GRANTING ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION WHERE NECESSARY AND FOLLOWING THE PCI DSS INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY GUIDELINES PROVIDED BY OUR EXTERNAL CARD SERVICES PAYMENT PROVIDER.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WE USE THE ORDER INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT GENERALLY TO FULFILL ANY ORDERS PLACED THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING PROCESSING YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION, ARRANGING FOR SHIPPING, AND PROVIDING YOU WITH INVOICES AND/OR ORDER CONFIRMATIONS). ADDITIONALLY, WE USE THIS ORDER INFORMATION TO:
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU;
SCREEN OUR ORDERS FOR POTENTIAL RISK OR FRAUD; AND
WHEN IN LINE WITH THE PREFERENCES YOU HAVE SHARED WITH US, PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATION OR ADVERTISING RELATING TO OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
WE USE THE DEVICE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT TO HELP US SCREEN FOR POTENTIAL RISK AND FRAUD (IN PARTICULAR, YOUR IP ADDRESS), AND MORE GENERALLY TO IMPROVE AND OPTIMIZE OUR SITE (FOR EXAMPLE, BY GENERATING ANALYTICS ABOUT HOW OUR CUSTOMERS BROWSE AND INTERACT WITH THE SITE, AND TO ASSESS THE SUCCESS OF OUR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES TO HELP US USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. FOR EXAMPLE, WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO HELP US UNDERSTAND HOW OUR CUSTOMERS USE THE SITE--YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT HOW GOOGLE USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE: HTTPS://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/INTL/EN/POLICIES/PRIVACY/. YOU CAN ALSO OPT-OUT OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS HERE: HTTPS://TOOLS.GOOGLE.COM/DLPAGE/GAOPTOUT.
FINALLY, WE MAY ALSO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS, TO RESPOND TO A SUBPOENA, SEARCH WARRANT OR OTHER LAWFUL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION WE RECEIVE, OR TO OTHERWISE PROTECT OUR RIGHTS.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
IF YOU ARE A EUROPEAN RESIDENT YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
WHEN EXERCISING ANY OF THE RIGHTS LISTED BELOW, IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST, WE MAY NEED TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY FOR YOUR SECURITY. IN SUCH CASES WE WILL NEED YOU TO RESPOND WITH PROOF OF YOUR IDENTITY BEFORE YOU CAN EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS.
1) THE RIGHT TO ACCESS PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ON YOU
• AT ANY POINT YOU CAN CONTACT US TO REQUEST THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ON YOU AS WELL AS WHY WE HAVE THAT PERSONAL DATA, WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE PERSONAL DATA AND WHERE WE OBTAINED THE PERSONAL DATA FROM. ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR REQUEST WE WILL RESPOND WITHIN 30 DAYS.
• THERE ARE NO FEES OR CHARGES FOR THE FIRST REQUEST BUT ADDITIONAL REQUESTS FOR THE SAME PERSONAL DATA OR REQUESTS WHICH ARE MANIFESTLY UNFOUNDED OR EXCESSIVE MAY BE SUBJECT TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE.
2) THE RIGHT TO CORRECT AND UPDATE THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ON YOU
• IF THE DATA WE HOLD ON YOU IS OUT OF DATE, INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT, YOU CAN INFORM US AND YOUR DATA WILL BE UPDATED.
3) THE RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ERASED
• IF YOU FEEL THAT WE SHOULD NO LONGER BE USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR THAT WE ARE UNLAWFULLY USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOU CAN REQUEST THAT WE ERASE THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD.
• WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR REQUEST WE WILL CONFIRM WHETHER THE PERSONAL DATA HAS BEEN DELETED OR THE REASON WHY IT CANNOT BE DELETED (FOR EXAMPLE BECAUSE WE NEED IT FOR TO COMPLY WITH A LEGAL OBLIGATION).
4) THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR TO RESTRICT IT TO CERTAIN PURPOSES ONLY
• YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST THAT WE STOP PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR ASK US TO RESTRICT PROCESSING. UPON RECEIVING THE REQUEST WE WILL CONTACT YOU AND LET YOU KNOW IF WE ARE ABLE TO COMPLY OR IF WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION TO CONTINUE TO PROCESS YOUR DATA.
5) THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
• YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST THAT WE TRANSFER SOME OF YOUR DATA TO ANOTHER CONTROLLER. WE WILL COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST, WHERE IT IS FEASIBLE TO DO SO, WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR REQUEST.
6) THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AT ANY TIME FOR ANY PROCESSING OF DATA TO WHICH CONSENT WAS OBTAINED
• YOU CAN WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT EASILY BY TELEPHONE, EMAIL, OR BY POST (SEE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW).
7) THE RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE.
• YOU CAN CONTACT THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE ON 0303 123 1113 OR VIA EMAIL HTTPS://ICO.ORG.UK/GLOBAL/CONTACT-US/EMAIL/ OR AT THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE, WYCLIFFE HOUSE, WATER LANE, WILMSLOW, CHESHIRE SK9 5AF.
WHEN YOU PLACE AN ORDER THROUGH THE SITE, WE WILL MAINTAIN YOUR ORDER INFORMATION FOR OUR RECORDS UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU ASK US TO DELETE THIS INFORMATION. IF YOU SIMPLY BROWSE OUR WEBSITE AND OR CONTACT US VIA EMAIL,PHONE, LETTER OR TEXT MESSAGE (SMS) WE WILL HOLD YOUR DATA ONLY FOR AS LONG AS IS APPROPRIATE FOR SPARETOOLPARTS TO ASSIST YOU IN YOUR ENQUIRY, ONCE A SET TIME FRAME HAS BEEN REACHED AS LAYED OUT IN OUR DATA RENTENTION POLICY DATA WILL BE REMOVED FROM OUR RECORDS.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES, IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A COMPLAINT, PLEASE CONTACT US BY E-MAIL AT SALES@SPARETOOLPARTS.CO.UK OR BY MAIL USING THE DETAILS PROVIDED BELOW:
Sparetool Parts Ltd
6 ORCHARD COURT
List of cookies we collect for correct website use
The table below lists the First Party cookies we collect and what information they store. For the complete list of cookies please checkout our Cookie Popup option
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
The table below lists the Third Party cookies we collect and what information they store.
Cloud IQ offers a basket recovery service on our behalf. This activity is only available to customers who have added at least 1 product to their shopping bag, started the check-out process and then left the without completing the purchase. An email is sent 30 minutes after abandonment, another after 24 hours and a final email after 3 days, consisting only of the products which have been left in the Sparetoolparts shopping bag.
This cookie shows us how you found our website and which ads you came from. This helps us understand where our online marketing works best. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/.
This cookie shows us how you found our website and which ads you came from. This helps us understand where our online marketing works best. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Microsoft. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at https://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/webmaster-guidelines-30fba23a.
TURNING OFF AND DELETING COOKIES
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off, or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you're using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Note that in common with most other transactional websites, if you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our websites but refusing the cookies we have used via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on our website. You may also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out here: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"